I’ve been at this Make a Memory thing for a month now, and I think it’s about time for a punch list. A Make a Memory Punch List.
Because some people jump right in.
Some like to watch.
And others ponder for a while.
Let’s convert more Watchers and Ponderers into Jump Right In-ers!
What It Takes to Make a Memory
- Another person.
If you say you don’t have TIME to Make a Memory, then YOU are the problem. We’ve read memories as simple as sipping a drink with a loved one. Taking a weekend trip. Spending an hour of simple pleasure. Claiming a bucket list item, because tomorrow isn’t a guarantee.
Easy Ideas to Make a Memory
- Meet a loved one for coffee, a drink or a meal. Put your phones away. Actually talk about what’s happening in your lives. Schedule a date to do it again.
- Go on a library walk with a loved one. Peruse the stacks and select a couple of books to read together. Share thoughts on your choices, and really listen to why the other person liked/didn’t like a story.
- Take a loved one to your favorite local spot. MTM and I often visit Magnolia Cemetery, our favorite local spot for a picnic and long view. But your loved ones may not even know your choice. Pick them up. Take them there. Share.
- Play a game with a loved one. No, not a video game. An old fashioned board or card game. Roll dice. Slap cards. Move little plastic men. You might be amazed at what conversation topics arise from tactile behavior.
- Before you go to sleep, tell your loved one why they matter. Look into his/her eyes. Be honest. Sincere. You might just Make a lucky Memory…….
What about you?
Do you have ideas to Make a Memory?
Please share them in a comment today.
Join the Make a Memory Movement HERE.