Having spent much of the past eighteen months wondering whether I’d go blind or lose my mind, I’m thankful for what eyesight I have. Others may argue I lost my mind long ago.
Being thankful is the cornerstone of a happy life.
Here’s my short gratitude list for 2017:
- MTM didn’t divorce me over my illness. He’s still steadfast. He loves me. I don’t know what I’d do without him.
- When I was at my lowest, unexpected souls stepped in the chasm. I’m thankful for friends in unexpected places.
- I’m finding my writing voice. The worse-than-chemotherapy-like drugs I took for almost half-a-year made me a mush-brain. These days, I’m hearing characters again.
- I’ve only lost 25% of my vision in one eye. I’m thankful for what remains.
- I found a publicist!
- My assistant didn’t quit, no matter how trying I’ve been.
And if that’s not thankful enough:
- We’re fielding some really interesting appearance opportunities for 2018. If you aren’t one of my elite readers, you don’t know what they are. Email assistant(at)andrawatkins(dot)com to be added to that super-special group.
- I’M THANKFUL FOR EVERYONE IN MY ELITE GROUP. SERIOUSLY, I’D SLOPPY KISS EVERY SINGLE DANG ONE OF YOU.
- Despite all sorts of online changes that have decimated my income and reach, my stories still find readers. People make memories EVERY DAY because of my work. I’m grateful for every person who gives my stories a chance.
- I’m glad Dad still finds joy in going out, bothering strangers, telling stories, and selling the crap out of THE DAD BOOK. Having my parents in my life, still healthy, is a blessing.
WHAT ABOUT YOU? WHAT DESERVES YOUR GRATITUDE THIS THANKSGIVING WEEK? PLEASE SHARE YOUR STORIES IN A COMMENT.
Haven’t read my books? Curl up with the best reading material you can find this holiday. MINE.