Thanks to everyone who came out to the blog party yesterday. You don’t know how much you picked up my spirits, and it came at just the right time. I needed the distraction. Thank you.
Some pictures from the shin-dig.
Some of the brod.
Me and Eugene. (imabug on the blog)
Cooooooooooookies by Alison Dailey.
Pernille, our actual Danish person in attendance, and me.
Kenneth Andrews……….which one is he?
Lou holding court, with Miss TK and Amanda.
Me and Leigh Anne. I’ve known her since kindergarten.
Eugene and Kenneth explain MTM’s flow chart diagram of a smorrebrod.
So, we made smorrebrod with pretzels. So what?
Me and Lou. And a Mermaid.
Danish toothpick flags.
Best things about a smorrebrod party:
- I bought chips, and since I can’t eat much bread, I ate as many chips as I wanted.
- Lunch meat is a novelty for me. I know. I know. I acted like Anthony Hopkins in The Silence of the Lambs when I saw it.
- An entire plate of bacon. Cheryl, did I really eat the whole plate by myself?
- The pronunciation of ‘smorrebrod’ contest, judged by Pernille, who’s Danish. Her friend Julia (Swedish) won, followed by Amanda, who’s English. We Americans just can’t say anything right.
- The laughs and the hugs. I needed every one of them. Thank you all.