Facebook is at it again. They’ve changed their platform in a major way. This time, I THINK IT’S A GOOD THING.
For the past 18 months or so, Facebook’s algorithm has decided what you see in your newsfeed for both personal profiles and pages. In the past couple of weeks, they’ve changed the system.
You can now control what you see on Facebook.
EVERYTHING you see on Facebook.
Aren’t happy that you weren’t seeing your favorite pages without interacting all the time? You can now tell Facebook you want to see those pages, and they’ll actually show them to you.
Wonder why you never see anyone you care about in your newsfeed? You can now tell Facebook you want to see those people first, and they’ll actually show them first in your newsfeed.
Here’s how to do it:
FOR PERSONAL PROFILES:
1. Go to the personal profile you want to see.
2. Scroll to the “Following” tab (which is shown as “See First” in the screen shot below.)
3. Toggle the profile to See First.
4. You’re done. Facebook will show you the selected profiles at the top of your newsfeed.
FOR FACEBOOK PAGES:
1. Go to the Facebook Page you want to see. (Here’s a direct link to mine: https://www.facebook.com/andrawatkinsauthor)
2. Scroll to the “Like” tab
3. Toggle the page to See First.
4. You’re done. Facebook will show you the selected pages at the top of your newsfeed.
5. PLEASE MAKE MY PAGE ONE YOU WANT TO SEE FIRST. What’s in it for you? I’m doing some special giveaways to Facebook commenters in the coming months. I want everyone here to have an opportunity to win swag.
If you learned something today that will help you better connect with the people you care about, I hope you’ll share it with them. I installed a very visible share bar on the lefthand side of my site. You can click any block to share these instructions with anyone in your life, and help them see you in a more meaningful way.